Twice-Baked Potato Bites
Decadent, impressive and oh so easy!
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 1¾ lbs. (750 g) "B" size red potatoes (about 10)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Three Onion Rub or Herb & Onion Slow Cooker Seasoning, divided
- 4 oz. (125 g) part-skim mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (frac14; cup/60 mL)
- 2 oz. (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated (¼ cup/60 mL)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Stack the bacon slices and cut them into ¼" (6-mm) pieces. Cook in in a skillet over medium-high heat for 8–10 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Cut the potatoes in half crosswise. Carefully scoop out a ½" (1-cm) deep well in the center of each potato half.
Arrange the potato halves, well-side up, in a shallow, microwave-safe vessel. Spray with oil and sprinkle with ½ tbsp (7 mL) of the rub.
- Cover the potatoes with parchment paper. Microwave for 9–12 minutes, or until tender. Remove the potatoes from the microwave.
Combine the cheeses, remaining rub, mayonnaise, and sour cream in a medium bowl.
Scoop the cheese mixture evenly into the potato halves. Microwave, uncovered, for 1–2 minutes, or until the cheese mixture is melted.
Sprinkle the potatoes with bacon and green onions before serving.
- 20 servings of 1 appetizer
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (1 appetizer): Calories 150, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fiber 2 g, Total Sugars 2 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 5 g
Try chilling the mozzarella cheese to make it easier to grate.