Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Toss dill pickle slices with some cornmeal and air fry them. Dip them in a special sauce—made even more special with a dollop of horseradish sauce—and you have a hit on your hands.
- 2 cups/500 mL (16 oz./450 g) jar dill pickle slices
- ½ cup (125 mL) fine cornmeal
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) Cajun seasoning
- Oil for spritzing
- Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) horseradish
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pickle juice
Drain pickle slices, reserving 1 tsp (5 mL) of pickle juice. In a medium bowl combine cornmeal and Cajun seasoning.
- Add pickles into the seasoned cornmeal and toss to coat.
Spritz two trays with oil and divide the pickles between the two trays, shaking off excess cornmeal. Spritz the tops of the coated pickles with oil. Set the Deluxe Air Fryer to the AIR FRY Setting. Cook for 16-18 minutes rotating the trays halfway through (you'll hear beeps as a reminder) or until crispy.
While pickles are crisping, mix the dipping sauce ingredients together until well combined.
- 12 (¾ cup dipping sauce) servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (8 pickles/serving + 1 tbsp sauce/serving) : Calories 90, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 400 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 1 g, Added Sugars 0 g, Protein 1 g