This simple homemade hummus recipe is quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so much better than store-bought.
- 1 can (15.5 oz./440 g) chickpeas, drained (reserve ¼ cup (60 mL) liquid from the can)
- 1 can (15 oz./425 g) Great Northern beans, drained
- Liquid reserved from chickpeas
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- Optional: grilled or raw vegetables, naan or pita bread, or crackers
Add the ingredients, in the order listed, to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the GRIND setting; press the wheel to start.
If the blades are still moving but not blending food, use the tamper to push the ingredients back into the blades.* Tip: Use the tamper in a circular motion to keep the hummus moving into the blades. Do not tamper for more than 30 seconds at a time.
Serve with grilled or raw vegetables, naan, pita bread, or crackers.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (about 3 tbsp/45 mL): Calories 90, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 350 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 4 g
You can also use the hummus in place of pizza sauce for flatbreads.
* Only use the tamper provided with the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Do not force the tamper deeper into the pitcher. Only use the tamper when blending cold and liquid ingredients.