This appetizer has all the flavors of pumpkin pie but in an easier and healthier party dip.
- Homemade Pie Crackers (optional)
- ½ pkg (14 oz./410 g) refrigerated pie crust (1 roll)
- ¾ tsp (3 mL) ground cinnamon
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) sugar
- Pumpkin Dip
- 4 oz (125g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1 cup (125 mL) solid-pack pumpkin
- ¼ cup (50 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pecans
- 2 medium Granny Smith or gala apples
Combine ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the cinnamon and sugar in the Powdered Sugar Shaker and sprinkle on the pie crust. Bake the pie crust squares on the Large Round Stone for 14–16 minutes, or until they’re lightly browned on the bottom.
For the dip, whisk the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the remaining cinnamon, pumpkin, brown sugar, and maple syrup, and whisk until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Transfer the dip to the Small Serving Bowl. Chop the pecans with the Food Chopper and sprinkle on top.
- 20 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (2 tbsp/30 mL dip and 1–2 pie chips): Calories 90, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 70 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 5 g, Protein 1 g
You can also make pie fries as an alternative dipper. Use the squiggle cutter from the Rolling Cookie Cutter Accessory Set to cut the pie dough. Then, cut the strips into thirds. Continue as the recipe directs.