Country Breakfast Bake
Even city folks will enjoy this hearty breakfast.
- 1/4 cup green onions with tops, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, partially cooked, cut up
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or bacon drippings
- 4 eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend, shredded (1/2 cup)
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Chop onions and bell pepper using Food Chopper; place in Square Baker. Add potatoes, bacon and oil; mix well and spread evenly over bottom of Baker. Bake 20 minutes, stirring potato mixture after 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Remove baker from oven and make 4 impressions in potato mixture with back of Bamboo Spoon. Break an egg into each impression. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Return to oven; continue baking 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven. Using Rotary Grater, shred cheese evenly over eggs.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 350, Fat 22 g, Sodium 320 mg, Dietary Fiber 2 g
Recipe can be doubled and baked in the Rectangular Baker.