Spiced Pumpkin Mini Loaves
This delicately spiced tea bread would make a fine accompaniment to any brunch to teatime spread.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon Plus™ Spice Blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus™ Spice Blend
- 2-3 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- Additional toasted chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray bottoms only of Mini Loaf Pan with nonstick cooking spray. In Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine flour, sugar, raisins, pecans, spice blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
In Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, whisk eggs with Stainless Whisk. Add pumpkin, milk and oil; mix well. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until well blended. Fill each cavity of loaf pan with about 1 cup batter.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean and cracks in top of loaves appear dry. Remove from oven; cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pan; remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool completely.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar and spice blend. Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup until icing is of desired consistency. Drizzle icing over loaves and sprinkle with additional toasted chopped pecans, if desired.
- 16 servings of 2 slices
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 260, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 41 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 190 mg, Fiber 2 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 2 fat (21/2 carb)
Pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend, if desired.
Be sure to choose solid pack pumpkin, rather than pumpkin pie filling, for this recipe.
To make loaves well in advance, prepare as directed in Steps 1-3. Wrap securely; freeze up to 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw bread at room temperature and unwrap. Prepare glaze and drizzle over bread.
This recipe can be baked in the Stoneware Loaf Pan. Spray bottom only of loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare as recipe directs; pour batter into pan. Bake at 325°F 1 hour, 10 minutes to 1 hour, 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.