A pretty dessert dip that’s so good, you might accidentally eat the whole bowl. Pairs well with your next binge-watch.
- 1½ cups (375 mL) pitted fresh cherries, divided (or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 4 oz. (125 g) dark chocolate, chopped and divided
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) powdered sugar
- 4 oz. (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125 g) plain low–fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup (75 mL) heavy cream
- ½ tsp (2 mL) almond extract
- Optional: Fruit, graham crackers, cookies
Chop the cherries in the Manual Food Processor, then transfer ½ cup (125 mL) to a small saucepan.
Add the granulated sugar to the saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until the cherries are soft and begin to release their juices, about 5–7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in half of the chocolate until it’s melted.
Add the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and yogurt to the remaining cherries in the processor and mix until combined. Carefully remove the blade.
Add the heavy cream and extract to the Whipped Cream Maker and whip until stiff peaks form.
Fold the remaining chocolate and whipped cream into the cherry mixture in the processor.
Pour the chocolate-cherry sauce over the dip. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. If you’d like, enjoy with fruit, graham crackers, or cookies.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (2 tbsp/30 mL per serving): Calories 140, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 30 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 12 g (includes 6 g added sugar), Protein 2 g
You can make this dip a day in advance by storing the dip and chocolate-cherry sauce separately.