Peach Bread Pudding
Bread pudding as a summertime dessert? It is when you add peaches! Don’t forget the caramel sauce.
- Egg Mixture
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 loaf (1¼ lbs./575 g) thick-cut white bread, cut into 1" (2.5-cm) cubes
- 2 cans (15 oz./425 g each) sliced peaches, drained and coarsely chopped
- Cream Cheese Mixture
- 6 oz. (175 g) cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) vanilla extract
- Oil for spraying
- Optional toppings: Whipped cream, caramel sauce, toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Add the egg mixture ingredients to a large plastic mixing bowl. Use the Flex+ Hand Mixer on medium speed to beat until combined. Place the bread in the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture ingredients in the Flex+ Food Processor fitted with the multiuse blade. Process until smooth.
- Spray the 9" x 13" (23 cm x 33 cm) Pan with oil. Place one-third of the soaked bread into the pan. Spoon the cream cheese evenly over the bread and add the chopped peaches. Cover with the remaining bread cubes. (Don’t worry if it doesn’t fill the pan, it expands as it cooks.) Bake until browned and no liquid is visible, 35–40 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Top with pecans and caramel sauce, if you’d like.
- 8-12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 550, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 210 mg, Sodium 650 mg, Carbohydrate 80 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 46 g (includes 28 g added sugar), Protein 15 g
This recipe is super easy to change up by substituting any fruit you like.
To serve at brunch, replace the caramel sauce with maple syrup