Pressure Cooker Chocoflan
The magic of this recipe is that the flan rises to the top of the cake as it cooks. And thanks to the Deluxe Multi Cooker, you can make it in less than 30 minutes!
- Caramel Topping
- ¼ cup (60 mL) caramel sauce
- 1½ cups (375 mL) devil’s food or dark chocolate cake mix
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (125 g) water
- 1 egg
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) evaporated milk
- ¾ cup (175 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
Place the Pressure Cooker Fluted Cake Pan on the wire stand. Add the caramel to the bottom of the pan, and lightly spray the sides of the pan with the Kitchen Spritzer. Wisk all the cake ingredients together in a small bowl and evenly distribute the batter on top of the caramel.
- Whisk the egg, egg yolk, and sour cream together in the Small Batter Bowl. Add the remaining custard ingredients and mix until well combined. Slowly pour the custard mixture on top of the cake batter.
Pour 1 cup (250 mL) of water into the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker and lower the pan into the inner pot. Lock the lid and select the CUSTOM setting. Adjust the time to 15 minutes and press START.
- Carefully lift the pan out and remove it from the wire rack.* Let the cake to cool in the pan for 1 hour before releasing. Use the Cake Tester & Releaser to loosen the cake from the pan. Carefully invert the pan onto a serving dish. Serve immediately or refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
- Use the Cake Tester & Releaser to run along the pan, then invert onto a serving dish and serve or refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (1 slice): Calories 360, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 25 g, Protein 9 g
If you’re baking your Chocoflan, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Add 1" (2.5 cm) of hot water to the 10" (25-cm) Nonstick Fry Pan and place the Quick Cooker Fluted Cake Pan into the pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until the Cake Tester & Releaser inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Continue as the recipe directs in step 5.
*Safety Tip: The stainless steel inner pot will be hot during and after cooking. Use a long-handled utensil when stirring and removing food.