Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
This recipe combines the flavors of the classic Caprese salad of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and balsamic vinegar with fried chicken and tortellini pasta.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz./125 g each)
- ¼ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1½ oz. (45 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (⅓ cup/75 mL grated)
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian Seasoning Mix
- 8 oz. (250 g) fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups (750 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 1 pkg (9 oz./275 g) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 oz. (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (¼ cup/60 mL grated)
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- Season the chicken with the salt. Add the flour to one Coating Tray. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a second coating tray. Grate the Parmesan with the Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater and combine with the panko and seasoning in the third coating tray.
Coat each chicken breast in flour first, then the eggs, then the panko mixture.
Divide the chicken onto two cooking trays of the Deluxe Air Fryer. Place the trays on the top and middle racks.
Cut the tomatoes in half with the Close & Cut; place them on the drip tray of the air fryer. Turn the wheel to select the setting; press the wheel to select AIR FRY. Turn the wheel to adjust the time to 18 minutes. Press the wheel to start. Switch the trays with the chicken halfway through cooking (you’ll hear beeps as a reminder). Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Slice the mozzarella with the Quick Slice. When the chicken is halfway through cooking, add the tortellini to the 3-qt. (3-L) Micro‑Cooker® Plus with enough water to cover the pasta. Microwave, covered, on HIGH, for 8 minutes.
Drain the pasta and transfer it to a medium mixing bowl. Grate the Parmesan cheese into the bowl with the Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater. Grate the basil into the bowl with the Herb Mill. Add the remaining pasta ingredients and toss to combine.
When the timer is up, top each chicken breast with the mozzarella. Turn the wheel to select the AIR FRY setting; press the wheel to select. Turn the wheel to adjust the time to 2 minutes. Press the wheel to start.
Add the tomatoes to the pasta mixture and serve with the chicken.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 620, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 160 mg, Sodium 930 mg, Carbohydrate 60 g, Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 5 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 47 g