Beef Stroganoff & Green Bean Casserole
This one-pot meal puts classic flavors in a modern pairing.
- 8 oz (250 g) white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 8 oz (250 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 6 oz (175 g) fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) All-Purpose Dill Mix, divided
- 4 oz (125 g) egg noodles (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1¾ cups (425 mL) low-sodium beef broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) French fried onions
- ¼ cup (50 mL) panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream
Add the beef and mix well. Microwave, covered, covered, until the beef is no longer pink, about 7-9 minutes, breaking into crumbles halfway through.
When the beef is done, add 1 tsp (5 mL) of the All-Purpose Dill Mix, green beans, noodles, and broth. Microwave, covered, until the noodles are cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining All-Purpose Dill Mix, fried onions, and panko in the Manual Food Processor and process until combined.
Add the sour cream to the pan and stir to combine. Let it stand for 3–5 minutes, then top with the onion mixture.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 340, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 5 g, Protein 20 g
You can make this recipe with ground turkey instead of ground beef.