Bring everyone to the table with easy to customize burrito cups.
- Burrito Cups
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 6 (5–6"/13–15-cm) flour tortillas
- 8 oz. (250 g) skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup (125 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz. (60 g) Monterey Jack cheese, coarsely grated (½ cup/125 mL)
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped plum tomatoes
- Pickled Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup (250 mL) ranch dressing
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pickled jalapeños (see cook's tip)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cilantro
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
For the dressing, combine the ranch, jalapeños, and cilantro with the Manual Food Processor until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the burrito cups, lightly brush the oil on both sides of the tortillas. Place each tortilla into a well of the Large Muffin Pan, and press into the sides to form a cup. Bake until brown and crisp, about 10–12 minutes.
Preheat the Deluxe Electric Grill & Griddle, with the griddle plates, on sear for 2 minutes.
Season the steak and onion with the oil, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
- When preheated, add the steak and onion to the griddle. Cook in the Closed position.
Remove the steak and onion from the griddle and rest for 5 minutes, then slice the steak against the grain.
Add the lettuce, beans, cheese, onions, and steak to the tortilla cups. Top with the pickled jalapeño ranch dressing and tomatoes.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (includes 1 tbsp/15 mL dressing per serving): Calories 350, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 690 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 13 g
We love how milder, pickled jalapeños add a subtle heat when combined with ranch. You can omit the jalapeños, if you’d like.
Make this recipe just the way you like by adding your own unique and creative toppings!