Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) poppy seeds
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 bag (6 oz/175 g) fresh baby spinach leaves (about 4 cups/1 L)
- 8 oz (250 g) fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds, toasted
For dressing, zest lemon to measure 1/2 tsp (2 mL). Juice lemon to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL). Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in small mixing bowl; whisk until well blended.
Score cucumber lengthwise; remove seeds using The Corer™. Using Simple Slicer on #2 setting, slice cucumber and onion. Cut cucumber slices in half.
Place spinach in large serving bowl. Add cucumber, onion, strawberries and dressing; toss gently. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.
- 10 servings of 1 cup (250 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 70, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 30 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g