Homemade Chicken Tenders
Make crispy chicken tenders at home. They're made with familiar ingredients and are ready to serve in 20 minutes. Leave the preservatives at the store!
- 1 lb. (450 g) chicken tenders (about 7–9 pieces)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
- 3 cups (750 mL) cornflake cereal, crushed
- Oil for spritzing
- Pat the tenders dry with paper towels. Add the tenders, oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper to a small bowl; toss to combine.
Add the flour to a shallow bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a second shallow bowl. Add the crushed cornflakes to a third shallow bowl.
Dip each tender into the flour, then the egg mixture, and then the cornflake mixture, pressing to adhere.
Divide the coated tenders onto two Deluxe Air Fryer cooking trays and spray the tenders with oil.
- Place the cooking trays on the top and middle racks. Turn the wheel to select the AIR FRY setting; press the wheel to select. Turn the wheel to adjust the time to 9 minutes. Press the wheel to start.
- Switch the trays halfway through cooking (you’ll hear beeps as a reminder). Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C), adding more time, if needed.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Crush the cornflakes in a resealable bag with a meat mallet or rolling pin.U.S. nutrients per serving (about 2 tenders): Calories 520, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 145 mg, Sodium 1,390 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 0 g, Total Sugars 3 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 27 g
Crush the cornflakes in a resealable bag with a meat mallet or rolling pin.