With ingredients you already have in your kitchen, and such little prep time, this Chicken Divan is comfort food at its finest!
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1½ cups (375 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1 lb. (450 g) penne pasta
- 1 lb. (450 g) chicken tenders, cut into 1" (2.5-cm) pieces
- 1 lb. (450 g) frozen broccoli florets
- 8 oz. (250 g) ) cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (2 cups/500 mL), divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Lemon Pepper Rub (see cook’s tip)
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Whisk together the broth, sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, garlic, and paprika in a large bowl.
Add the pasta, chicken, broccoli, and 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheese to the Enameled Cast Iron Pan in the order listed. Pour the sour cream mixture over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Combine the breadcrumbs, butter, and rub; set aside.
Remove the pan from the oven and uncover. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the breadcrumb mixture over the top. Bake, uncovered, until the pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 580, Total Fat 35 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 660 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 5 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 19 g
This recipe makes great leftovers! Transfer leftovers into a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
If you don’t have Lemon Pepper Rub, try lemon zest and black pepper instead!