Grilled Chicken, Ham & Swiss Wraps
This simple recipe is the perfect combination of easy and satisfying. Just right for lunch or a light dinner.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5–6 oz./150–175 g each)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) plus 1½ tsp (37 mL) Dijon Mustard Rub, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 11" (28-cm) flour tortillas (see Cook's Tip)
- 12 thin slices (6 oz./175 g) low-sodium deli ham
- 2 medium whole dill pickles, sliced lengthwise
- 4 oz. (125 g) Swiss cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup/250 mL)
Brush the chicken with oil. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the rub.
Remove the chicken and let it cool for 5 minutes. Dice the chicken into ½" (1-cm) pieces.
Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and remaining rub in a large bowl; mix well. Add the chicken to the batter bowl; stir to coat.
To assemble the wraps, layer each tortilla with two slices of ham, then chicken, pickles, two additional slices of ham, then cheese. Top the ham with one-third of the chicken mixture, one-third of the pickles, two additional slices of ham and one-third of the cheese.
Fold in the sides of each tortilla and roll it up tightly, burrito style.
Preheat the Grill Pan and Grill Press over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Place the wraps in the pan; top with the Grill Press and cook 3–4 minutes per side or until grill marks appear.
Remove the wraps from pan; cut each in half on a bias and serve immediately.
- 6 servings of 1/2 wrap
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 370, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 950 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 28 g
Warming the tortillas in the Tortilla Warmer will make them easier to roll up.