Italian Meatball & Rice Bake
Bake meatballs and rice in a pan with Italian Seasoning Mix for a one-pot casserole even picky eaters will love.
- 1 jar (24 oz./680 g) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz/411 g) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 pkg (26 oz. or 650 mL) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 6 oz. (175 g) shredded mozzarella cheese (1½ cups/375 mL)
- 1 oz. (30 g) Parmesan cheese, grated (½ cup/125 mL)
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Stir the marinara sauce, tomatoes, broth, rice, and seasoning mix together in the 14" x 10" (35-cm x 25-cm) Enameled Cast Iron Pan. Add the meatballs and stir to combine.
Cover the baking dish tightly with foil. Bake until the rice is tender, 45–50 minutes.
Uncover and stir. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan, and bake until the cheese is melted, 5 minutes.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 910 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 6 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 18 g