Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken Bowls
This bowl brings the fresh flavor of a summer barbecue—tangy chicken, crunchy coleslaw, and a little bit of tropical pineapple–together in your pressure cooker all year long.
- Barbecue Chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Smoky Barbecue Rub
- 2 tsp (10 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1½–2 lbs. (700 g–1 kg) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ cans (15 oz./425 g each) black beans (about 2½ cups/625 mL), rinsed and drained
- 1 lime
- Dressing for Coleslaw
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup (175 mL) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- Coleslaw & Toppings
- 1 bag (14 oz. or 397 g) coleslaw mix
- 1 can (14 oz. or 398 mL) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh cilantro leaves, plus additional for garnish
- Optional: Fresh avocado slices
Set the Quick Cooker to SEAR and press START. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes.
Slice the onions using the No. 2 setting on the Simple Slicer, then cut them in half. Add the onions and salt to the inner pot. Cook for 3–5 minutes, or until the onions are softened, stirring occasionally. Press CANCEL.
Add the ketchup, water, rub, and vinegar; stir. Add the chicken.* Place the wire rack into the inner pot with all three feet touching the bottom.**
Add the black beans to the Ceramic Pot. Juice the lime into the ceramic pot with the Citrus Press. Cover with the stretch-fit lid. Place the ceramic pot into the wire cradle and lower it onto the wire rack. Lock the lid and select the CHICKEN/POULTRY setting. Adjust the time to 7 minutes and press START.
Add the dressing ingredients to the Measure, Mix & Pour® and shake well to combine. Place the coleslaw mix into a medium bowl. Top with about half of the dressing and stir in the pineapple. Grate the cilantro into the bowl with the Herb Mill; stir to combine.
When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure. Remove the ceramic pot and transfer the chicken to a bowl*. Chop the chicken with the Salad Chopper.
- Set the Quick Cooker to SEAR and press START. Let the sauce reduce for 4–5 minutes. Add the chicken and stir well.
Add the coleslaw, chicken, and beans to a serving bowl. Top with avocado slices and additional cilantro.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 940 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 3 g, Total Sugars 16 g (includes 1 g of added sugars), Protein 31 g
*The stainless steel inner pot will be hot during and after cooking. Use a long-handled utensil when stirring and removing food.
**Use oven mitts or tongs to lower the wire rack into the inner pot.