Lemon Garlic Veggie Bowls
This healthy and beautiful grain bowl is super customizable, so start by following the recipe, and then get creative!
- 1 lb. (450 g) Brussels sprouts (about 4 cups/1 L), trimmed and halved
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into ½" (1-cm) coins
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Lemon Garlic Rub
- ¾ cup (175 mL) vegetable broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 pkg (8 oz./250 g) plain hummus
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 L) arugula
- 1 can (15.5 oz./439 g) reduced-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Optional: Sunflower seeds
Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
Combine the Brussels sprouts, carrots, olive oil, and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of rub in a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Transfer to a large sheet pan and bake until browned, 24–26 minutes.
Combine the broth and quinoa in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, for 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
Combine the hummus, water, and remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the rub. Stir until smooth.
Divide the arugula evenly into 4 bowls. Then add the vegetables, chickpeas, and quinoa to the bowls. Drizzle evenly with the hummus dressing. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds before serving, if you’d like.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 760 mg, Carbohydrate 52 g, Fiber 13 g, Sugars 10 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 17 g
Grain Substitutes: Quinoa works great in these bowls, but you can use any grain you’d like! Try brown rice, couscous, or barley.
Protein Options: The chickpeas and quinoa give you lots of protein, but this bowl also tastes great with grilled chicken or shrimp.