Quick Cooker Red Potato Salad
This classic potato salad recipe will be your go-to for barbecues, potlucks, and picnics.
- 2½ lbs. (1.1 kg) red potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 8 potatoes)
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped, greens separated
- ½ cup (125 mL) low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
Add the potatoes, water, and salt to the inner pot of the Quick Cooker. Set the Quick Cooker to STEAM and adjust the time to 5 minutes. Lock the lid and press START.
Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Carefully drain the water from the inner pot.* Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread them out evenly. Cool them in the freezer for 10 minutes, or the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Add the potatoes to the dressing and stir to combine. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (About ½ cup/125 mL): Calories 100, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 2 g
*Safety Tip: The stainless steel inner pot will be hot during and after cooking. Use a long-handled utensil when stirring and removing food.