Hearty vegetables, like tasty red tomatoes and fresh eggplant and zucchini, create rich flavors in this showstopper dish.
- 1 jar (12 oz./340 g) roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ small yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 can (12 oz./425 g) crushed tomatoes
- 3 tsp (15 mL) Herbs de Provence Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 zucchini, trimmed
- 1 Asian eggplant, trimmed
- 2 plum tomatoes, trimmed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
Chop the peppers, onion, and garlic in the Manual Food Processor. Combine the pepper mixture, crushed tomatoes, 2 tsp (10 mL) of the seasoning mix, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Meanwhile, slice the zucchini, eggplant, and plum tomatoes on the No. 4 thickness of the Rapid-Prep Mandoline.
Transfer the tomato mixture to the 2-qt. (2-L) Enameled Cast Iron Baker. Work from the outer edge of the baker to the inside as you alternate and layer the vegetables in a circular pattern.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, and remaining seasoning mix in a small bowl and brush the mixture onto the layered vegetables.
Bake until the vegetables soften, 22–25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 6–8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 730 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 9 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 3 g
Firmer tomatoes will be easier to slice and will hold their shape better when baked.