Easy Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 green onions, divided
- 2 lbs (1 kg) unpeeled russet potatoes, cut into 1-in (2.5-cm) pieces (about 4-5 medium potatoes)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) black pepper
- 2 oz (60 g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1/2 cup/125 mL)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Slice bacon crosswise into ¼-in. (6-mm) slices. Cook bacon in Rockcrok®(2-qt./1.9-L) Casserole over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp.
Meanwhile, slice green onions. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 mL) green tops for garnish. Remove bacon to paper towel-lined plate (do not drain drippings); set aside.
Place potatoes, stock and remaining onion bottoms into Casserole. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are very tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Remove Casserole from microwave. Add yogurt, salt and pepper to potatoes. Using Mix ‘N Chunk, coarsely mash and mix potatoes until well blended.
Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove Casserole from oven. Top with bacon and reserved green onions.
- 10 servings of (½ cup/125 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (½ cup/125 mL): Calories 140, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
U.S. Diabetic Exchanges per serving: 11/2 Starch, 1 Fat (1 1/2 Carb)