Use & Care
Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater:
Use and Care Instructions
To unlock handle:
- Wash prior to first use; dishwasher-safe. If hand washing, always clean Microplane® Grater blade with a nonabrasive kitchen brush. Wash Cover with a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Cover is not dishwasher-safe.
- Grasp Grater with Cover in one hand; with opposite hand, grasp handle and place thumb on circular hinge (for lefthanded users, place index finger on circular hinge). With other fingers, shift handle in direction indicated by the unlock icon located on the handle (see Illustration #1). Once unlocked, lift handle into desired position: easel or extended. Release handle to lock into position.
- Slide off Cover by holding each side and sliding downward.
- Grater can be used in two adjustable positions: easel and extended.
- Grate desired food.
- Three-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.
Made in Mexico with US Blade
- When using Food Holder with Microplane® Adjustable Coarse and Fine Graters, securely grasp top, keeping fingers and thumb away from grating blades and within outer edges of Slider.
- Food Holder prongs are sharp and may cause injury if not used properly.
Food Holder and Slider
A – Knob
B – Food Holder
C – Slider
D – Slider Track
Carefully read Use and Care before using.
- Wash prior to first use; dishwasher-safe.
- Align slider track with bottom of Grater frame and slide onto Grater (see Illustration 2).
- Lift Food Holder from Slider and carefully push food onto prongs. Insert Food Holder into Slider and move Slider up and down over grating blade.
Food Holder Disassembly/Assembly:
- Disassembly for cleaning: Slide Food Holder off of Grater; remove Food Holder from Slider. Lift knob and grasp at stem; unscrew knob. Plate, holder and knob will separate.
- Assembly: Invert Food Holder and align holes on plate with prongs. Insert stem through opening. Carefully push against plate with thumb; use other hand to screw on knob.
Tips and Techniques:
Always cut food to fit within the Food Holder.
- Round foods (potato, radish): Cut off a small portion to create a flat end and grate cut-side down.
- Long foods (carrots, zucchini, cucumber): Cut into 2 ½" (6-cm) lengths; insert vertically onto prongs.
- Smaller or thinner foods (carrots, radish): Multiple pieces can be grated simultaneously. Insert onto prongs and space for best fit.
Made in Taiwan